You may be missing these lasting benefits of Dry March
Entering a new month, many people become increasingly determined to keep up their fitness and diet routines. Some of these people resolve to have a “dry” March to pursue this goal. The Season of Lent doesn’t hurt their purpose either, for those that are religious. Dry March means they’ll be abstaining from alcohol for the entire month or if they can, longer.
Take care not to mock these people. There is evidence that proves staying away from alcoholic brews including beer, wine or cocktails may make a positive impact on your health in the long term. It may help decrease liver inflammation caused by drinking alcohol.
As if to solidify the decision to go “dry”, the World Health Organisation (WHO) shows alcohol consumption may amplify health issues already stressed during the pandemic. In addition, “dry” participants save money, sleep better, lose weight and enjoy improved health.
If you’ve chosen to join this trend but you still want to maintain the feeling of drinking alcohol – these are some mocktail recipes you can try:
Dry March Chapman
- A bottle of Fanta (35cl)
- A bottle of Sprite (35cl)
- Angostura aromatic bitter or Alomo bitters 3 spoons
- Grenadine syrup (1 cup)
- 5-10 spoons of orange juice (optional)
- 1 lemon or lime
- Ice cubes
- Get a simple wine glass or a giant mug, pour a cup full of grenadine syrup.
- Pour in the sprite and Fanta into the same jug. Add two spoons of the Angostura aromatic bitter or Alomo bitter.
- Add the fresh orange juice, and shake or stir with a spoon.
- Cut the cucumber/oranges into triangular shapes and throw them into the mixture.
- Add the ice cubes and serve chilled with a straw and your favorite snack.
Dry March Mimosa
- ¼ cup orange juice
- Orange flavored sparkling water
- Orange peel
- Pour ¼ cup of orange juice into a champagne flute.
- Fill the rest of the flute with orange-flavored sparkling water.
- Garnish with an orange peel.
- ½ cup ice
- ¼ cup cranberries
- 2 orange peels
- 2 ginger peels
- Sparkling water
- Cinnamon stick
- Fill a mug half full with ice.
- Add cranberries.
- Add two orange and ginger peels.
- Fill the mug to the top with sparkling water.
- Stir the mixture with the cinnamon stick.
Visit diagnostar.com to learn more about health and wellness.